Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summertime

How is it that summer is almost over?  The summer has flown by at our home.  Between swimming, mini-vacations to Akron and Indiana, school-supply shopping and a little housework thrown in....we are on our way to a new school year.

Things we have yet to look forward to?  Well, we have 2 birthdays coming up at our house in the next  3 weeks.  We have a fantabulous zoo party to attend, a family member to help move, an American Girl Tea Party....and lots more swimming and watermelon to enjoy!

I have felt emotional this past month as I've realized that this will be our last year at the Preschool/Kindergarten building of our school!  We have spent 5 years there with our two kids and have grown to love and cherish the sweet staff at this building!  How weird to not be there daily.

God has blessed us and given me the opportunity to stay home with our kids.  Its weird to think this is the last year of being home with my little guy.  And yet somehow, God has prepared and equipped me for new challenges ahead.  I am looking forward to working a little more this fall and stretching my brain!

Well, I'm off to enjoy a late afternoon nap...and maybe a dip in the pool!  You know...the school year's not far off!  


No comments:

Post a Comment